South Atlantic Conference Openings
Coordinator of Strategic Communications
The South Atlantic Conference (SAC), an NCAA Division II member conference, is seeking applicants for the position of Coordinator of Strategic Communications. The SAC aspires to be the premier Division II conference and places a high priority is a balance between athletics and the overall academic, spiritual and physical development of each student-athlete to provide these individuals with life skills for future success. This is a 10-month intern position will assist in the day-to-day communication and media relations for the SAC office. The individual reports to the Assistant Commissioner and works in a cooperative effort with other members of the Conference office staff to achieve Conference goals.
- Serve as the main contact for selected sports.
- Assist in the graphic design and editing of South Atlantic Conference publications
- Write, edit and post press releases
- Assist in the production of South Atlantic Conference video features
- Conceptualize and execute graphics for the South Atlantic Conference Website (TheSAC.com)
- Inputting schedules to the SAC Website (TheSAC.com)
- Assist with the SAC’s social media initiatives on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Research and help maintain the South Atlantic Conference Record Book
- Represent the South Atlantic Conference at various Championships and events on campus
- Assist with other departments in the SAC office
- Nightly Scoreshots for assigned sports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Strong writing skills required and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Experience in media relations is preferred
- $1,200 per month stipend (August 1-May 31)
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the South Atlantic Conference via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Three professional references (as a PDF document) should be available if requested.
- Women and ethnic and racial minorities are encouraged to apply.
SAC Member Institution Openings
No current full-time openings